Wednesday, October 17, 2007

response to peer response

I think that badger fan has a point about her playing piano for 10 years and it didn't really do anything. But how would she know if it helped or not? She doesn't know how it would have really been if she hadn't done the piano lessons. I never have had any private lessons, so I really had to try. Maybe this topic is better suited if I try to figure out if music really helps, if you have private lessons or not. If you have private lessons, you have someone telling you what you are doing wrong. If you dont have the lessons, you learn on your own, without help. Maybe THAT is the real deciding factor. Maybe the lessons change something in the brain. I will find out if this really happens by interviewing people who have had lessons and who haven't had lessons who play the same instrument.

No comments: