Friday, October 26, 2007

my role[s] for my paper

I think these roles fit into my topic, because I have to use secondary tests, and the popinions of experts, and my own surveys. If you think you know which one is best, please say so.

The first role I think that best fits is the original field/laboratory researcher.
This is where I will be using the surveys that I wrote, based upon what I asked and my own evlauations on what I saw in classes that I sat in.

The second role I think that fits best is the reviewer of a controversy. Many articles that I read contradicted each other basically from sentence to sentence. Two in particular that I read said the completely opposite things. One said that scientists say that music does not increase brain activity, while the other says that it does. I will be using mainly the articles and results of tests from other experiments done on this topic.

The third role that I think fits best is the advocate in a controversy. My main point will be trying to convince everyone, mostly parents, that music does increase brain activity and that it should stay in the schools. My type of research i will use for this will be surveys taken by students in the schools that have poorly funded music programs.

(As a side note, I will be taking most of my surveys at the two main high schools in my hometown. I have yet to ask permission to do the surveys and sit in the classes, but mainly I have to only ask the school that is not my alma mater. If I cannot do the surveys in these schools, I will just post them on myspace and facebook. Also, I welcome any of you to also take the surveys. This gives me more accurate feedback because you have actually thought about it and you are not anymore directly effected by this. Thanks! :-D)



Here the writer poses a field or laboratory research problem, designs and conducts an experiment or study, and reports the results in scientific format. Library research will be used primarily for the "review of the literature" section.

No comments: